Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kitchen and bath design help?

My husband and I purchased our home last summer. I love the home and location but hate the kitchen and bath. Our home was built in 1957 and I have hardwood floors throughout the house. When we get more settled financially, we plan to remodel both. We have narrowed it down to the following designs. We are not sure which color the kitchen will be painted but the bath will be paint either a sage green or a creamy yellow color. Choose which kitchen %26amp; bath you like best.





Kitchen





http://www.dongardner.com/images/plans/i…





http://www.dongardner.com/images/plans/i…





http://www.dongardner.com/images/plans/i…





bath





http://www.dongardner.com/images/plans/i…





http://www.dongardner.com/images/plans/i…Kitchen and bath design help?
i like the second choice for the bathroom, very sophisticated and earthy. subtle and elegant, it will never go out of style.





im afraid i dont like the kitchen choices. they dont seem right for the cabinets.Kitchen and bath design help?
All 3 kitchens but if I have to choose one, I would go with # 3. I like it because you said your home was built in 1957. Well, this one gives an updated but older feel. I like the first bathe. It looks great and modern. I was trying to picture the 2nd bath a sage green but I can't see it looking good that color. Actually, though it is dark, I really like the color in the picture.
First congratulations on your new home. I like kitchen number 2 because it is open and has an inviting feel. The kitchen also has natural light which is very beautiful for a kitchen. If you are going to paint the bath sage green, I think the 2nd bath will look good in that color.
Kitchen - #2 light and airy, lots of room to move around


Bathroom - neither


#1 I find that the shower area looks dark


#2 I think this bathroom is not up to par with the rest of what I think you are doing with the house. A shower curtain NO!


Any way that's my opinion! Hope you enjoy your new home.
For the kitchen I prefer the third one...the pecan type wood with the light colored marble countertops and the multicolored wood floor design. It has so much interest to it and really takes your breath away when you first see it. The others just seem overdone and dark. Too many people are putting the dark or cherry wood in their kitchens... it has been done to death. Go a different direction. I love the third one.





I dont like either of the bathroom choices. They look too sterile and corporate. That is a bathroom I would see in a highrise building downtown. Perhaps go with a lighter colored look in the bathroom. Still contemporary but lighter colored floor tiles and vanity. Bathrooms are so small that they really can feel like boxy little caves if you put dark colors in them. I think the sage green or a creamy yellow would be a great choice for the bathroom.....then perhaps a muticolored medium sized tile for the floor and shower stall.


Remember ....the house should have good 'flow' and each room should look like it was designed to be in the same house. If the bathroom looks like a totally different style than the kitchen it will look choppy and misplaced. Both rooms should have a somewhat similar 'feel' to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment